What you need:
- Ear cleaning solution from the vet or from the pet store
- Cotton balls or pads, the same type we use for make-up
(Or they sell wet naps pre-made).
- It is important to make it a positive experience for your dogs, giving treats is the fastest way to accomplish that.
- Most dogs don’t like it, some tolerate it better than others
- Hound breeds and any dog with floppy ears has a higher chance of ear infections, cleaning their ears is the best prevention.
I like to wipe the ears dry as much as possible afterwards, to minimize the rubbing, scratching and the head shaking your dog will most likely do.